What is the Cigna Dental Care® (DHMO) Plan?
The Cigna Dental Care (DHMO)1 plan requires you to select a general dentist for routine, preventive, diagnostic and emergency care.2 They will refer you to specialists as needed.
If you choose a Cigna Dental Care plan, it’s important to know how it works.3
- This plan covers most preventive and diagnostic services at a competitive rate, or at no extra cost. 4
- Easily search for Cigna DHMO network providers in the directory on Cigna.com or myCigna.com.
- Dependents under age seven do not need a referral to see a network primary pediatric dentist. After age seven, covered services must be received from a network primary care general dentist.2
- If the Cigna Dental Care plan chosen by your employer includes orthodontic services, you can see an in-network orthodontist without a referral.
- During enrollment, refer to the Dental Fee Overview for a summary of covered services and patient charges.
- Cigna Dental Care plans don't have a deductible or a yearly dollar limit. There is also no coverage waiting period.
- After you enroll, refer to the Patient Charge Schedule (PCS) for a list of detailed cost and copays for all covered services.2
- This plan does not have out-of-network coverage, except for emergency dental care (as defined by your plan documents).2
1The term “DHMO” is used to refer to product designs that can vary depending on your state, including but not limited to, prepaid plans, managed care plans and plans with open access features. The Cigna Dental Care plan is not available in the following states: AK, HI, ME, MT, NH, NM, ND, PR, RI, SD, VI, VT, WV and WY.
2Minnesota Residents: If you are considering enrollment or are enrolled in a Cigna Dental Care (DHMO) plan through your employer, you must visit your selected network dentist in order for the charges on the Patient Charge Schedule to apply. You may also visit other dentists that participate in our network or you may visit dentists outside the Cigna Dental Care network. If you do, the fees listed on the Patient Charge Schedule will not apply. You will be responsible for the dentist’s usual fee. We will pay 50% of the value of your network benefit for those services. Of course, you’ll pay less if you visit your selected Cigna Dental Care network dentist. Call Customer Service for more information. Oklahoma Residents: DHMO for Oklahoma is an Employer Group Pre-Paid Dental Plan. You may also visit dentists outside the Cigna Dental Care network. If you do, the fees listed on the Patient Charge Schedule will not apply. You will be responsible for the dentist’s usual fee. We pay non- network dentists the same amount we’d pay network dentists for covered services. You’ll pay less if you visit a network dentist in the Cigna Dental Care network. Call Customer Service for more information.
3Please refer to your plan documents or contact your employer for more information on what out-of- pocket costs you may be responsible for and what’s covered and not covered by your employer’s specific plan.
4Not all preventive care services are covered. For example, prescription medications are generally not covered. Most plans limit cleanings and bitewing x-rays to two (2) per calendar year, and full mouth/panorex x-rays to one (1) every three calendar years. Plans may vary so see your Dental Fee Overview for a summary of covered preventive care services.
Cigna Dental Care plans are insured by Cigna Dental Health Plan of Arizona, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of California, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Colorado, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Delaware, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Florida, Inc., a Prepaid Limited Health Services Organization licensed under Chapter 636, Florida Statutes, Cigna Dental Health of Kansas, Inc. (KS & NB), Cigna Dental Health of Kentucky, Inc. (KY & IL), Cigna Dental Health of Maryland, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Missouri, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of New Jersey, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Ohio, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Pennsylvania, Inc., Cigna Dental Health of Texas, Inc., and Cigna Dental Health of Virginia, Inc. In other states, Cigna Dental Care plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or Cigna HealthCare of Connecticut, Inc., and administered by Cigna Dental Health, Inc. Policy forms: OK - POL115, TN – HP-POL134/HC-CER17V1 et al (CHLIC).