Cigna Healthcare Individual and Family Plan Benefits
Why choose Cigna Healthcare? Whether you want personalized health care support or lower costs, we provide you with access to the expertise and care you need, when you need it.
See if plans are available in your state.
Shop and compare Medical plans now
Find in-network doctors and covered prescriptions, too.
Or, call us at
$0 Product Features and Additional Copay Savings
Cigna HealthcareSM customers can access flexible plan features that make health care more affordable. Choose from plans that offer:
- $0 preventive care across all plans1
- $0 copay plans for routine PCP visits, generic drugs, and virtual care2
- Generic prescription drugs priced at $03
- $0 deductible plans2
Assistance for Those with Diabetes
If you have diabetes, lower your out-of-pocket costs by 40% or more.4 Benefits include:
- Maximum of $25 for a 30-day supply or $75 for a 90-day supply of insulin and some non-insulin medications4
- $0 for diabetes supplies on the Cigna Healthcare drug list5
- $0 for diabetes management training
- $0 for select labs/exams6
- $0 on diabetes equipment and additional supplies with the new Diabetes Care Solution plan7
Whether it’s late at night and your preferred doctor or therapist isn’t available, or you can’t schedule appointments because of work or family obligations, you can:
- Access care from anywhere via video or phone
- Get $0 medical virtual care 24/7/365–even at night, on weekends and on holidays
- Schedule a behavioral health virtual care appointment online in minutes
- Connect with quality board-certified doctors and pediatricians as well as licensed counselors and psychiatrists
- Have a prescription sent directly to your local pharmacy, if appropriate
Medical Virtual Care
Board-certified doctors and pediatricians can diagnose and treat, as well as prescribe most medications for, minor medical conditions, such as:
- Cold and flu
- Insect bites
- Joint aches
- Pink eye
- Respiratory infections
- Sinus infections
- Skin infections
- Sore throats
- Urinary tract infections
Behavioral Health Virtual Care
Licensed counselors and psychiatrists can diagnose and treat, as well as prescribe most medications for, nonemergency behavioral/mental health conditions, such as:
- Bipolar disorders
- Child/adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Men’s issues
- Panic disorders
- Postpartum depression
- Women’s issues
We also understand that sometimes you may have a concern that requires additional attention. For challenging situations that require more time, energy, and expert assistance, Cigna Healthcare customers can access the following programs.
My Personal Champion®
If you have severe health circumstances or highly complex, specialized conditions, Cigna Healthcare realizes you need dedicated support. That's why we offer the My Personal Champion program–at no additional cost–for individuals faced with challenging situations that require more time, energy, and expert assistance. A personal champion’s role may alternate between advocate, coordinator, researcher, and teacher to accomplish the key objectives of the customized plan, including:
- Educating individuals about their health benefits, using network health care professionals and various options available to them
- Overseeing application of benefits
- Reviewing claim payments
- Engaging clinical support like nurses or coaches
- Identifying local resources, including possible financial assistance or appropriate health care services
Therapeutic Resource Centers
Get direct access to specialty pharmacists for expert guidance on your medications, potential drug interactions, and condition-specific counsel including:
- Help understanding a medication and why it was prescribed
- Support on finding lower-cost alternatives
- Information on why it’s important to stick with treatment
- Possible side effects and how to identify and manage them
From programs that help improve your health to tools that help you save money and find in-network care, there’s so much you can do:
- Find care and costs with a simple search for in-network providers, cost estimates, and more
- Get verified reviews from other patients to help you find the provider or facility that’s right for you
- Scan your personalized dashboard to find the information that matters most to you, including how to update or change your primary care provider
- Access your ID card and easily view, print, or send
- Get personalized messages, including online tips to help you get healthier and save money
- Connect with virtual care for a convenient, cost-effective provider visit via phone or video chat
- Access coverage details with one convenient view of your plan information
- Feel secure knowing your health information is protected with an added layer of security
Take Control Rewards®
Watch informative videos, read helpful information, and complete other simple activities to earn points you can redeem for great rewards or a debit gift card, which could be used toward health care costs.10
Choose from a variety of rewards including:
Roku Express Streaming Player
Fitbit – Charge 4 Activity Tracker
Pursue your fitness goals with an activity tracker that covers all the bases.
COSTCO 1-year Membership Certificate
Healthy Rewards® Discount Program
By simply showing your ID card when you pay at certain locations, you can get discounts on the products and programs you use every day11, including:
- Low-cost fitness club memberships and devices
- Vision care, Lasik surgery, and eyeglass discounts
- Alternative medicine including discounts on acupuncture, chiropractic care, massage therapy, and more
- Yoga products and virtual workouts
- Hearing exam and hearing aid discounts
- Virtual workouts at a reduced monthly subscription rate
Have questions about you plan or claims? Contact us by phone anytime. Translation services are available in 150 languages. You can also access
Often bought together
Continue shopping for your own coverage
1 Availability of $0 preventive care (no cost share) by plan may vary. Includes eligible in-network preventive care services. Some preventive care services may not be covered, including most immunizations for travel. Reference plan documents for a list of covered and non-covered preventive care services.
2 $0 deductible and $0 copay are available on select Cigna Healthcare individual and family health care plans. Reference plan documents for more information.
3 Health benefit plans may be different, but in general to be eligible for coverage a drug must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), prescribed by a health care professional, purchased from a licensed pharmacy and be medically necessary. If your plan provides coverage for certain prescription drugs with no cost-share, you may be have to use an in-network pharmacy to fill the prescription. If you use a pharmacy that does not participate in your plan’s network, your prescription may not be covered or reimbursement may be limited by your plan’s copayment, coinsurance or deductible requirements. Look at your plan documents for more information about your plan’s prescription drug coverage.
4 Discounts available with the Cigna Healthcare Patient Assurance Program. $25 is the maximum out-of-pocket cost for a 30-day supply of covered, eligible insulin.
5 Supplies include infusion pump maintenance, infusion sets, and skin preparation supplies.
6 Refer to plan documents for a description of equipment, supplies, and select tests and services that are covered through these plans. Enhanced Diabetes Care plans not available in CO.
7 Includes Dexcom G6 Receiver and Dexcom G6 Sensor and Transmitter, FreeStyle Libre 10 Day Reader and Libre 10 Day Sensor, FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Reader and FreeStyle Libre 14 Day Sensor, FreeStyle Libre 2 Reader and FreeStyle Libre 2 Sensor, OneTouch Ultra2 Glucose Meter, OneTouch Ultramini Meter, OneTouch Verio Flex Meter, OneTouch Verio IQ Meter, OneTouch Verio Meter, OneTouch Verio Reflect Meter.
8 Cigna Healthcare provides access to dedicated virtual care through a national telehealth provider, MDLive located on myCigna, as part of your health plan. Providers are solely responsible for any treatment provided to their patients. Video chat may not be available in all areas or with all providers. This service is separate from your health plan’s network and may not be available in all areas. $0 virtual care benefit (no cost share) for minor acute medical care not available for all plans. HSA plans and non-minor acute medical care may apply a copay, coinsurance or deductible. Virtual care does not guarantee that a prescription will be written. Refer to plan documents for complete description of virtual care services and costs, including other telehealth/telemedicine benefits. For IL customers, a primary care provider referral may be required for specialist virtual visits.
9 The downloading and use of the myCigna Mobile App is subject to the terms and conditions of the App and the online store from which it is downloaded. Standard mobile phone carrier and data usage charges apply.
10 The Cigna Healthcare Take Control Rewards® Program is available in all states to all primary subscribers that are active Cigna Healthcare medical Individual and Family Plan policy holders and who are 18 years of age or older. All rewards may be considered taxable income. Contact your personal tax advisor for details. Program participation along with redeeming rewards is dependent on qualifying premiums being current and fully paid.
11 Healthy Rewards is a discount program, separate from your medical benefits. This program is in addition to, not instead of, your plan benefits. A discount program is NOT insurance, and you must pay the entire discounted charge. Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states and programs may be discontinued at any time. Participating providers are independent contractors solely responsible for any care or services provided.
Notice for North Carolina residents: Your actual expenses for covered services may exceed the stated coinsurance percentage or copayment amount because the actual provider charges may not be used to determine plan and member payment obligations.
Let's Get Started
States with Plan Availability
Plans available in
For available plans in all other areas, call us at
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.