Cigna's ASO PPACA Fees and Reporting Resources
Under the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), employers sponsoring self-funded plans are responsible for complying with certain fees and taxes and Internal Revenue Service (IRS) reporting requirements. To support our self-funded employers and broker partners, Cigna offers a dedicated ASO PPACA Fees and Reporting Resources team – comprised of trained service professionals from Cigna’s Billing, Banking and Eligibility areas.
PPACA topics covered
- Comparative Effectiveness Research Fee (CERF)
- Large Employer and Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) reporting requirements
- Complimentary educational support
- Timely resources and information to answer questions
- Referral to Cigna’s complimentary educational resource with outside legal counsel, Groom Law Group, as appropriate
The team can provide support and answers for questions
- When is my CERF payment due?
- How can I retrieve my CERF report?
- When or how do I make my payment?
- What sections of Forms 1094C and 1095C must I complete?
- Can you guide me through the reporting process?
- What data can I receive from Cigna?
How to get in touch
Cigna’s ASO PPACA Fees and Reporting Resources team can be reached through a dedicated phone line and email:
I want to...
Secure Member Sites
The Cigna Group Information
Individual and family medical and dental insurance plans are insured by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Cigna HealthCare of Arizona, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Illinois, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of Georgia, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc., Cigna HealthCare of South Carolina, Inc., and Cigna HealthCare of Texas, Inc. Group health insurance and health benefit plans are insured or administered by CHLIC, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company (CGLIC), or their affiliates (see
All insurance policies and group benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. For availability, costs and complete details of coverage, contact a licensed agent or Cigna sales representative. This website is not intended for residents of New Mexico.