As part of Cigna's Employee Assistance Program (EAP), if you purchase a plan through an employer*, you get access to licensed clinicians to help you with emotional, behavioral, and other issues you may be experiencing such as help with finding pet care, elder care and caregiver support. What's more, EAP services are available to anyone in your household as well.
EAP clinicians are available in three ways:
- You can meet with a contracted licensed counselor in person
- You can talk with an EAP telephone consultant through Cigna
- You can chat with an EAP telephone consultant through live chat
To learn more about the EAP services available to you, please log in to the myCigna® website.
*If you purchase a plan through the marketplace, you may not be offered Cigna's Employee Assistance Program.
About Cigna's EAP Services
The following list shows a range of services that an EAP consultant can connect you with.
- Companion services
- Home health care
- Safety monitoring
- Spending habits
- Budgeting strategies
- Debt consolidation
- Managing credit
- Retirement planning
- Job skills
- Career growth
- Interviewing and networking
- Domestic Violence
How do I meet with an EAP clinician in person?
EAP is different from behavioral health benefits. To visit an EAP counselor you need prior authorization, which you can get in two ways.
- Seeking an outpatient assessment or referral for EAP services?
- Not in treatment for substance use?
If you answered yes, request authorization through myCigna.
- In treatment for mental health or substance use issues?
- Seeking inpatient treatment?
- Considering inpatient, day treatment, or residential treatment?
If you answered yes, please contact Cigna at the number on your Cigna ID card.
How do I talk with a Cigna EAP consultant on the phone?
An EAP telephone consultation is a phone-based service designed to:
- Help you clarify concerns
- Help you with problem solving
- Connect you to appropriate resources
EAP telephone consults last 20 to 30 minutes, and are available Monday-Friday between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. Eastern time.
If you need help after hours, or on the weekend or on a holiday, call your EAP 800 number directly. EAP telephone consultations are not intended to provide crisis counseling. If you're in crisis, please call 911 immediately.
When you're ready to request a call, please submit a request through myCigna.
This material is provided by Cigna for informational/educational purposes only. It is not medical/clinical advice. Only a health care provider can make a diagnosis or recommend a treatment plan. For more information about your behavioral health benefits, you can call the member services or behavioral health telephone number listed on your health care ID card.