The cost of living goes up each year, but many older Americans’ incomes do not. About half of all adults aged 65+ who are living alone, and 1 out of 4 older couples, can’t afford to pay for basic needs. Cigna and NCOA work together to help more people find important benefits.
What is it?
BenefitsCheckUp® helps seniors with limited incomes and resources find assistance programs. It is the most comprehensive, free, web-based service of its kind. It searches more than 2,500 public and private programs in all 50 states and Washington, DC.
BenefitsCheckUp includes assistance programs for:
- Health care
- Housing and utilities
- Food and nutrition
- Tax relief
- Veterans benefits
You can use BenefitsCheckUp on any computer or mobile device. Screenings are confidential and keep your identity private. You don’t have to share your name, address, or phone number to get screened. Answer a few questions to get a personalized report with information about benefit programs most likely to fit your needs.
Get quick information about the types of programs available in your area.
How it works:
- Enter your zip code on the homepage and press Find My Benefits.
- Answer a few short questions about your interests.
- BenefitsCheckUp uses your answers to find programs you'd like.
- Get a general list describing assistance programs near you.
Answer a few more questions after the pre-screen to get a results list tailored to your situation.
How it works:
- Complete a short, more detailed questionnaire.
- BenefitsCheckUp compares your answers with program rules.
- Get in-depth information on possible program matches, including:
- Program Fact Sheet
- Application forms (in multiple languages, if available)
- Local contacts
- Program websites
- Get a more precise list of assistance programs for which you have pre-qualified.