Providers must file claims for STAR+PLUS within 95 days of the date of service.
There are four ways to file a claim with Cigna-HealthSpring:
- File claims electronically through a clearinghouse.
- Via TMHP State's website – Visit the website http://www.tmhp.com/ and click on "Providers" in the top header. Then Click "Go to TexMedConnect" in the upper right corner. TMHP claims are forwarded to Cigna-HealthSpring.
- Mail paper claims to Cigna-HealthSpring.
- File individual or batch claims through Cigna-HealthSpring's Provider Portal
- How to check status of a claim
- How to Appeal a Claim
- Provider Complaint and Appeal Process
- Payment Dispute Form
- Claims for dual eligible Members
- LTSS Billing Guidelines
- Change Healthcare User Guide
- Provider Corrected Claims Guide
Cigna-HealthSpring processes Clean Claims within 30 days of receipt.
Providers should not collect payment from or bill Cigna-HealthSpring Members for covered services.
EFT Registration Is Now Available for STAR+PLUS Providers
If you are a Cigna-HealthSpring STAR+PLUS provider, please go to Emdeon’s Electronic Funds Transfer Registration portal to complete your registration. There is no cost to providers for enrolling in EFT.
If you have any questions about this process:
- STAR+PLUS Service Area providers - please call 1-877-653-0331
Electronic Remittance Advice (ERA)
Providers who are able to automatically post 835 remittance data will save posting time and eliminate keying errors by taking advantage of 835 ERA file service.
ERA Enrollment Process
- Download Emdeon Provider ERA Enrollment Form at the following location: http://www.emdeon.com/resourcepdfs/ERAPSF.pdf
- Complete and submit ERA Enrollment Form via Email or Fax to Emdeon ERA Group:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 1-615-885-3713
- Any questions related to ERA Enrollment or the ERA process in general, please call Emdeon ePayment Solutions at 1-866-506-2830 for assistance.
- NOTE: ERA enrollment for all Cigna-HealthSpring health plans must be enrolled under Cigna-HealthSpring Payer ID “52192”.