Coverage for the medications that help keep you healthy1
- Helping you stay healthy and save money. The Cigna Prescription Drug List splits covered generic, preferred brand and non-preferred brand medications into tiers, or cost levels. Typically, the higher the tier, the higher the price you’ll pay to fill the prescription.
- Helping you get the best value from your medications. Brand name medications can cost a lot of money. The price of a brand name medication will sometimes increase much more than similar medications. To help keep your costs down, we encourage you to speak to your doctor about using a lower-cost generic medication (if available) that’s used to treat the same condition.
2 Convenient ways to fill your prescriptions
Thousands of in-network retail pharmacies (some open 24 hours).2
- Local pharmacies
- Grocery stores
- Retail chains
- Wholesale warehouse stores
If you have Cigna-administered pharmacy benefits, log in to the myCigna website or mobile app to find an in-network pharmacy near you.
- Standard delivery to your home or work address within the United States at no extra cost
- Refill your medication and track your orders from the myCigna app or website.
- Fill maintenance medications up to a 90-day supply
- Get free refill reminders or sign up for automatic refills
- 24/7 access to licensed pharmacists
myCigna gives you 24/7 access to your pharmacy coverage details
Avoid surprises at the pharmacy
- Price a medication and search for lower-cost alternatives, if available
- See which medications your plan covers
- Ask a pharmacist a question
- See your pharmacy claims
- Update your personal profile
- Set up your communication preferences
Manage your home delivery prescription orders3
- Request a refill
- Check your order status and track shipments
- View your order and medication history
Our pharmacists help you stay on track
Taking your medication regularly is important to your overall health. If you stop taking it or skip a dose, you may have side effects or other health issues. Our pharmacists are here to help answer any questions you have – confidentially – including how to lower your costs.
Help managing your health and specialty medications
It isn’t always easy to manage your medications. Especially when you have a complex medical condition. Your health and well-being are our first priority. As part of your Cigna-administered pharmacy benefits, you may have access to Accredo, a Cigna specialty pharmacy.
1Health benefit plans vary, but in general to be eligible for coverage a drug must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), prescribed by a health care professional, purchased from a licensed pharmacy and medically necessary. Some plans require use of an in-network pharmacy or designated home delivery pharmacy for coverage to apply. Coverage may be subject to plan deductible, copayment, and/or coinsurance requirements. All group health insurance policies and health benefit plans contain exclusions and limitations. Refer to your plan documents for costs and complete details of your plan's prescription drug coverage.
2Cigna's National Network as of March 2020. Subject to change.
3Not all plans offer home delivery and Accredo as a covered pharmacy option. Please log in to the myCigna app or website, or check your plan materials, to learn more about the pharmacies in your plan’s network.
Accredo’s provision of clinical services to members is separate from any coverage decision for a drug or service that Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company or its affiliates may make. Pharmacy benefit plans and management services are offered by Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company (CHLIC), Express Scripts, Inc., or their affiliates. “Accredo” refers to Accredo Health Group, Inc., a Cigna company. “Accredo” and “Express Scripts” are trademarks of Express Scripts Strategic Development, Inc. Policy forms: OK - HP-APP-1 et al., OR - HP-POL38 02-13, TN - HP-POL43/HC-CER1V1 et al. (CHLIC).