In addition to the coverage you expect from your health plan, Cigna offers a variety of programs and services to help make your life easier – and healthier. Review your plan materials to see which Cigna programs and services may be included with your specific plan or offered by your employer.
Cigna Healthy Pregnancies, Healthy Babies® Program
This program offers additional support during and after your pregnancy.
- A member of our team will ask you questions about your health and help you understand any health issues that could affect your baby.
- You can also ask your own questions and get information to help you make informed choices about your pregnancy.
- Based on your situation and your doctor’s care plan, a Cigna Maternity Coach with nursing experience will be there to support you throughout your pregnancy.
- You’ll also receive a kit with useful tips and tools to help you have a healthier nine months and a healthier baby.
Employee Assistance Program
An employee assistance consultant is just a telephone call away and ready to help you find practical solutions through:
- Assistance for you and your household members, including a roommate
- Online or telephone consultation
- Referral to a licensed behavioral health professional in your community
You can also call for assistance or a referral to service in your community for:
- Legal consultation*
- Parenting and childcare
- Senior care
- Pet care
- Identity theft
- Financial consultation
* Legal consultations related to employment matters are not available under this program.
Lifestyle Management Programs
If weight, tobacco use or stress is affecting your health or your ability to live an active life, it may be time to make some changes.
A health coach can provide you with personalized support to:
- Learn to manage your weight using a non-diet approach that helps you build confidence, change habits, eat healthier and become more active
- Develop a personal quit plan to help you become and remain tobacco-free
- Understand the sources of your stress, and learn to use coping techniques to better manage stress both on and off the job
You can use either online, telephone coaching or both, for your support needs.
Taking a health assessment is a quick and easy way to learn more about your health today, and to figure out how you can improve your health in the future. After completing the health assessment you’ll get a report that includes your wellness score, along with recommended actions. This report is a great tool to share with your doctor and use as a guide to help you set and achieve healthy goals.
Your employer may offer you an incentive for completing the health assessment, which may reduce the amount you will have to pay for your benefits.
Knowing certain test results will help you and your doctor better understand your health and where you might need to improve. During regular checkups with your doctor, be sure to get the right screenings and remember your numbers for:
- Blood pressure ideally should be lower than 120/80
- Body Mass Index (BMI) will vary by gender and age, but generally a normal BMI falls between 18.5 and 24.9
- Desirable lipid profile values include:
- Total cholesterol < 200; LDL – cholesterol < 100
- HDL cholesterol should be >= 40; triglycerides should be < 150*
Annual check-ups, as well as most immunizations and screenings are considered preventive care because they can help keep you in good health and also help detect or prevent illness and disease. They are such an important part of staying healthy that under most plans eligible preventive services will be covered at no additional cost to you when you use an in-network doctor.**
Depending on what you and your doctor decide, these services may include:
- Screenings for blood pressure, cholesterol and diabetes
- Testing for colon cancer
- Clinical breast exams and mammograms
- Pap tests
These results may help you and your doctor understand a great deal about your health and the steps you can take to improve it.
*Legal consultations related to employment matters are not available under this program.
**Not all preventive care services are covered. For example, most immunizations for travel are generally not covered. Actual covered preventive care services may vary by age, gender, and medical history. Plans may vary; please see your plan documents for details including a complete list of covered preventive care services.